Week7 Mocap Animation1 and Unity Animation

Part1 Mocap Animation

I spend most of my time adjusting my two arms, because the Mocap model is closer to the real scale, while my model has long arms and wide clothes. So when the action is copied, the two arms will interpenetrate wrong. After I bake the action into my model, I delete some useless keyframes and keep them. Then I mainly adjust the three controllers of the arm.

I don’t know exactly how to copy the action of Mocap to another model and adjust the correct steps of the action. And I basically delete some inappropriate keyframes, because every frame after bake will have keyframes, which is really not easy to adjust the animation, so I will delete the frames close to the middle, keep some extreme frames, and then modify and add some keyframes. To be honest, I don’t think this method is very good. It’s very troublesome to adjust. I think there should be a better method, but I didn’t have much time to adjust at that time, because I needed to finish 12 animations in two weeks.

Animation 1 — Arm Stretching

Mocap

I have made some changes to the animation during the test, so I don’t need to change too many actions. I deleted the keyframe of the arm overlap. I re keyed and adjusted the curve.

In this scene, I only added an area light source to make up the light for the character.

Playblast

Render

Animation 2 — Drunk Walking Turn

Mocap

The highlight of this animation is that I added a slow blink animation, which is more in line with the feeling of being drunk. I doubled the number of frames and the process of closing his eyes, which is more in line with the feeling of delirium after being drunk.

There is also that I have this wine bottle parent related to the hand controller.

Playblast

Render

Animation 3 — Shoulder Rubbing

Mocap

In this animation, I mainly adjusted the bending of the fingers, not the straight fingers, which would be a little stiff. And this movement is a movement of muscles and bones, the feeling of body parts should be relatively relaxed.

I gave the character an area light. I also added three red point lights to the oven on the left, hoping to create a sense of fire. The overall situation is still a warm yellow atmosphere, and then the red light intensity of the stove is relatively high, which can illuminate half of the character’s face and create a sense of terror.

Playblast

Render

Animation 4 — Standing Cover To Cover

Mocap

This animation is standing at the window peeping animation, to be honest, I only adjusted the position of his eyes and standing place, animation I did not adjust a lot, because this action is very short. At the same time, I adjusted his expression, so that the whole brow tightly wrinkled, the focus of the eyes is to show his more nervous state.

Playblast

Render

Animation 5 — Sitting Crying

Mocap

I adjusted a lot of arm movements in this animation, because it can be seen from the animation of mocap that there are many parts in this animation, especially in the sitting posture, because the hand of this character is very big, and the arms and legs are very long, so when you sit down, the arms will naturally have a lot of restrictions.

What’s more, it turned out to be an animation of sitting and laughing. I changed it into an animation of crying, and animated his mouth. Let him look more sad, I put the distance between the facial features are separated from some. Eyes are always looking down, there is a sense of frustration.

Playblast

Render

Part2 Unity Animation

Different forms of walking and running are used for animation of role-playing game walking in unity.

Standard walk

Trust walk

Orc Walk

Swagger walk

Running

These were originally meant to be put into unity’s circular animation, but students majoring in games think it’s faster to use plug-ins, and they are more familiar with them. Because relatively speaking, they think it’s more efficient to spend their time on the unity that they are good at debugging than on studying Maya animation. So these animations are useless, but I still think that doing these, I get some exercise, whether or not it is useful in the end.

Part3 Conclusion

This cooperation project is my first formal animation with motion capture animation since I came into contact with motion capture. This new technology from this semester I began to learn, I feel very easy to use. Although the whole process of matching the skeleton with the controller is very difficult, mainly because I don’t know enough about the binding of the character, after more than 10 attempts, I finally understand some of the truth in the skeleton phase through my own efforts. For example, when creating bones, you need to be left-right symmetrical, followed by the naming of bones. The most important point is to use the outline view to find the right bone and match it. I also have more experience in organizing the content and naming of the outline view. Before, it seemed that I only knew the surface meaning of binding. I didn’t do it after in-depth understanding. It was more like following a program or a certain habit. Now when binding, I will think about the structure of the human body, the relationship between father and son, and the relationship between ikfk.

In addition, I am more proficient in adjusting mocap animation, although the method is not very appropriate, but also know how to simplify the action. It’s like doing some blocking exercises, knowing how to give up some unnecessary small movements and extract several important movements and postures.

This entry was posted in Collaboration Unit. Bookmark the permalink.