Week5 Personal Project 2 — Narrative Animation Project (1)

Outline

• Reference & Overview
  • 2D Character Design
  • 2D Scene Design

Part1 Reference & Overview

What I want to do in this personal project is a short cartoon animation, because I think I am good at model and lighting, and I have strengthened my ability of keying animation in term1. So I want to make a short animation short with story narration, including from script conception to final rendering.

Character

• Boy
  • Toy
  • Father

Scene

• Room (bed, bookshelf, wardrobe, desk)
  • Daylight lighting

Character

Scene

Part2 2D Character Design

Part3 2D Scene Design

I drew some sketches of scenes by hand on the paper.

Part4 Conclusion

In fact, there is a certain obscure content in this story, that is, there is a kind of caring relationship between toys and children. The clown is a child’s toy, and the child is also an adult’s toy. So I will make this child similar to the clown in design, especially in the nose.
There are not many things in the scene, just books and toys. Highlight him is the conflict between playing and learning.

The reason why toys choose clowns is that clowns are also ironic. They are character images inspired by my previous oil painting puppets.

This entry was posted in Advanced & Experimental 3D Computer Animation Techniques. Bookmark the permalink.