Week7 Personal Project 2 — Narrative Animation Project (3)

Outline

• Character Model
  • Character Material
  • Conclusion

Part1 Character Model

In fact, the age of this character is relatively small, so in the process of creating the model, I want to make the proportion of his head, hands and feet larger, which will make the character look more lovely. His proportion is 2-3 head body, the whole body should give people the feeling of a round, because the round gives people a friendly, tender and lovely feeling.

After finishing the first version, I increased the proportion of his head, enlarged the size of his hands, feet and eyes, lengthened his coat and shortened the proportion of his trousers. This exaggerated proportion is more in line with the characteristics of toys and more cartoon.

Part2 Character Material

I have been painting the face for a long time, because I have referred to the map of the clown character nearby, and its shadow is drawn through the map, so the rendering is more hierarchical and more detailed. I haven’t painted the face map so carefully before, so I have painted almost a dozen versions, hoping to highlight the blush on the face, the ruddy around the eyes, including the shadow of the facial contour and the red nose.

On the other hand, I also refer to the SSS material of the new version of Maya. I only used this material in maya2015 before, but now I refer to some materials in the new version. After adding the SSS attribute, the skin feels more transparent and ruddy.

The hand sss material

The material of the pants is the texture of jeans, and some shadows are painted to make the black pants look less monotonous.

The mesh of clothes is actually a material made of checkerboard in Maya, and then I exported the PSD of this material for painting. Using the following function, I can output a PSD file with a map, and it can overlay materials.

I added some details to the bump of clothes, using the cloth material in Maya to make the texture of clothes.

I use PS to draw a lot of gradient color bars for my hair, mainly to distinguish the light part from the dark part, and use the gradient brown to create a sense of hierarchy of my hair.

The glasses are made of transparent material and black plastic material.

The shoes are made of two kinds of materials, one is chessboard, the other is to make some stains with clouds.

Detail modification

Toy

Rendering

Part3 Conclusion

The character modeling is not particularly complicated, but I have gained a lot of experience in drawing maps and constructing cartoon characters. Modeling and mapping are the parts I like and am good at. This time, it can be said that I have made some progress, especially for the cartoon characters, especially the 2-3 head and body characters. I am good at them now.

This entry was posted in Advanced & Experimental 3D Computer Animation Techniques. Bookmark the permalink.