Week9 Personal Project 2 — Narrative Animation Project (5)

• Scene Model 2
  • Scene Material 2
  • Lighting 2
  • Conclusion

Part1 Scene Model

After the completion of the previous part of the scene, I still feel a little empty, so I added some other small objects, such as skateboard helmets, which are more boys oriented.

Then I rearranged the things in the room. They looked messy, because I wanted to create a feeling that the room was full of things.

General layout of the room

Part2 Scene Material

Part3 Lighting

I added a fog effect to increase the feel of the morning sun.

After rendering, I actually feel that there are too many colors, and some of them are difficult to distinguish between boys and girls. I don’t know if it’s not obvious if the character is put in, because the saturation of objects in this room is very high, and there are almost any colors, so I began to want to give it a unified tone or use ambient light to give it a unified feeling illuminated by a certain color of light.

Color matching

Part4 Conclusion

I still spent a lot of time on this scene, because the first time I finished the scene, I thought it was a little empty, and these materials had to be modified through painting, so it took a lot of time. Generally speaking, I have more experience in making cartoon scenes. The main thing is to grasp the distance between objects, and then the gap between proportions should not be too large. Try to make the size of these objects closer, choose a smooth object will make the object look more lovely and cartoon.

In addition, I didn’t think about the color of furniture at first, because I didn’t draw a specific atmosphere map. Later, it was a bit troublesome to modify it after all the materials were finished. But I also know that this kind of cartoon room actually needs a complete tone. Even in the cartoon style, some high saturation colors can be used, But also need to try to be in a tone, otherwise it will appear a bit messy.

This entry was posted in Advanced & Experimental 3D Computer Animation Techniques. Bookmark the permalink.