Stage25:Showreel and Summary

I have summarised my work in fmp as follows.

• Character and scene design
  • Storyboard and dynamic storyboard
  • Modelling of characters and scenes
  • Character texture
  • Character rigging (body and expressions)
  • Animation
  • Lighting
  • Rendering
  • Sound effects
  • Editing compositing

I was involved in all the work in this fmp, complete from 2D design to final rendering, which encompassed many aspects and gave me a lot of experience in the 3D animation process. This time I mainly focused on modelling and rigging, as my internship was also about modelling, topology and rigging, so I combined the skills I gained from my work to help me with the pre-fmp work. The downside was that I spent a lot of time in pre-production so I didn’t have a lot of time to do performance animation. In terms of camera language, I was actually trying to narrate an ironic animation for the first time, and I found it difficult to tell a story in a very short time. I wanted to show the addiction of modern youth to video games and the social condition of laziness, which was also inspired by some ironic illustrations and my own state.

For the future I will continue to work on modelling and binding, although these are two modules in the company, a good rigging is more dependent on a good topological model. So I will continue to work hard on the these aspect, including painting weights, and I will also expand my skills in 3D, including proficiency with software such as Zbrush. The content of my internship and the process of FMP has been documented in my previous blog. I have been exposed to and learned about the rigging of various models including characters, clothes, props, cars and other aspects of objects, and FMP has helped me to become more proficient in these skills.

This entry was posted in Final Major Project. Bookmark the permalink.