Week6 Personal Project 2 — Narrative Animation Project (2)

Outline

• Animation script
  • Reference
  • Storyboard
  • Layout
  • Conclusion

Part1 Animation script

Toy — The content of the animated short film is about a little boy at home alone at the weekend, wantonly pulling toys. The toy twisted in his hand. When the father came home to see the child playing, he pulled him to the desk full of homework. This narrative script wants to express that children’s growth is now over controlled by adults, just like their toys, and there is no room for negotiation. Most of the time, children’s violence actually comes from their parents’ actions. The behavior of toys is a kind of resistance, but also a kind of vent.

Part2 Reference

Storyboard & Layout

Part3 Storyboard

• The toy was sitting on the ground and the boy opened the door
  • The boy dropped his schoolbag, picked up the clown toy and threw it into the air
  • He threw the toy into the air and caught it again, repeatedly
  • The toy was played at will, repeated several times
  • The toy is in the hands of the boy
  • When the boy had fun, a figure appeared behind him
  • Get closer to him
  • Pick him up like a toy and throw him on the seat
  • The boy is controlled by the adults

Storyboard with light and shadow

Part4 Layout

Layout with music

Part5 Conclusion

This week can be said to be the most painful for me, because the split lens is not what I am good at. At the same time, I think I didn’t pay attention to the composition of the picture or the angle of the lens before. This time, I paid special attention to this point when drawing the split lens. Although the story is not complicated, I used some wide-angle, elevation, depression, and metaphorical lens. I think this is a great progress. When editing, my grasp of the length of the picture and the rhythm of the story, especially the overall grasp of the music, let me have more experience and harvest in the field of pre-production animation.

This entry was posted in Advanced & Experimental 3D Computer Animation Techniques. Bookmark the permalink.